Green Chair Recycling is an outgoing, passionate, goofy team of hard-working recycling and sustainability advocates. We are looking for likeminded individuals to help run our recycling stations at high profile community events in Lower Mainland throughout the spring and early summer.
Shifts will be on:
- April 15
- April 22
- May 7
- June 11
- July 1
- July 7,8,9
About the position:
Preference will be given to applicants who can commit to all of the listed dates. This is a temporary position, but you may have the opportunity to continue on with Green Chair on a casual basis after the listed dates.
We are hiring for two positions:
Green Warriors – $13/hr:
- Manage the recycling stations, including showing the public how to recycle their materials
- Educate the public about recycling and sort mixed materials
- Change full bags of recyclables out for empty bags
- Keep recycling station areas clean, tidy and litter free
- Help with the final close down
Green Warriors with power – $15/hr:
- Set up and take down recycling stations at community events
- Move full bags of materials to trucks
- Help with the loading of the Green Chair truck with materials and equipment after the event
Requirements for this position:
- Excited about recycling and sustainability
- Energetic, outgoing and willing to work hard
- Able to lift up heavy bags and equipment
- Available to work on the listed dates
- BC Drivers Licence preferred
Apply before April 3, 2017.
Want to get in on the fun? Email your resume and cover letter to recruitment [at] gogreenchair.com.