SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Are you looking to gain valuable work experience within the environmental field whilst being able to make a real difference? Then we want to hear from you!
DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM 2015
We are very excited to be able to open applications for our 2015 Development Program. The Green Chair Recycling Development Program is designed for people who want to expand and challenge their understanding of sustainability and recycling. Through a series of workshops we will explore and discuss various relevant topics.
We have steered away from calling this our ‘internship’ program, as this word means different things to different people! Through our program you will learn and develop valuable insight into sustainability and recycling as well as career development and communication skills. Plus you’ll get to meet a group of like-minded people and share your ideas and passion!
The program is open to everyone who wants to learn more about sustainability and recycling. There is no required base knowledge just a desire to learn more. All applicants should have a comfortable handle of English and be able to give 3 months commitment.
More information here.
Other ways to get involved:
We are also looking for volunteers to help out with the following areas. Please note that we do not have a ‘traditional’ work environment and you will need to be able to work independently and take initiative; but obviously our team will provide support and regular feedback!
- To assist in improving the website and keeping the site up to date
- To organise regular cleanups with the Green Team at suitable locations in and around Vancouver
- To undertake important research projects associated with Green Chair Events current and future activities
- To assist in volunteer recruitment to help grow our awesome Green Team
- To partake in educational workshops and presentations at High Schools and other educational facilities
- To organise exciting and thought-provoking fieldtrips for the Green Team
- To help with graphic design for a new leading edge project
Do these opportunities interest you or do you have your own exciting ideas? Then we would love to hear from you.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604 806 0680 to learn more.